Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Why I prefer not to fly with Aeroflot

This story really happened and it happened to a good friend of my father. I don't know the details, but here is the story as I heard it:

It was in the 90's and the friend of my father was flying with Aeroflot, which is a Russian airline, to a destination somewhere in Russia. In the middle of the flight they had to land unexpectedly whereupon the pilot announced through the loudspeakers: "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are very sorry, but we run out of fuel and thus cannot fly any further".
The passengers decided to chip in to pay for the fuel; the tank was refilled and the plane could take off again.

I wonder, however, were the passengers really paying for fuel or for the pilots summer house on the Bahamas?

No comments:

Post a Comment